The 2015 Kathleen A. P. Mathias Agriculture Energy Efficiency Program
This program is dedicated to the memory of Kathleen Arlee "Kathy" Petry Mathias of Ocean City, who passed away in 2011. The wife of Maryland State Senator James N. Mathias Jr., Kathy was an inexhaustible advocate for Maryland’s Eastern Shore and its farming community.
What is the program? What are the project requirements? How do I apply? Subject to funding availability, MEA will provide grants to farms/businesses in the agriculture sector to cover up to 50% of the cost of energy efficiency and/or renewable energy upgrades after all other incentives have been applied.For more information, read ourProgram Description.
See our Program Description for more info.
- Only energy efficiency projects, or projects that combine energy efficiency and renewable energy measures, are eligible for funding.
- Projects consisting of renewable energy measures only are not eligible for funding under this program.
- All energy measures must be installed before November 1, 2015.
- Each project, which can consist of multiple energy measures, needs to be cost effective in aggregate.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, January 30, 2015.(Right-click and 'Save Link As' to download)Questions? See our Application Information Q&A to assist you with completing the best application possible for this competitive program.
Upcoming Informational SessionsMEA will hold two informational webinars on this grant program:
- 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 7, 2015
- 1:00 p.m., Thursday, January 22, 2015For an invitation please contact Erin Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate which webinar you would like to attend.